Tuesday, February 13, 2007

LEAVE!!!

Was just booking my tickets to go home,that remebered my days in an IT company.U ask for leave,and u were looked down as one jerk with no professionalism or work ethics.

Well a poor software engineer decides to go home, and talks with this boss ,JackAss(JA) regarding this.

_______________________________________________________________

SE : I need to talk to you.

JA : Regarding.

SE : I want a leave.I need to go home.

JA ( as if clouds burst, earth shivered n all third class Hindi movie effects surrounding him) : At this stage

SE : This stage,means what!!

JA : I hope u understand that our project is in a critical stage.

SE : Dont tell me.I havnt done a thing since month when I took some print outs for a meeting.That it!!

JA : That aint very good for your career.

SE : I dun give a damn bout it.I havnt been home since a year.

JA : 10 and a half months to be precise.

SE : I am asking for a leave 45 days in advance.That completes one year.

JA : Just 45 days.The usual pratise is 3 months.What happens to my scheduling.

SE : What scheduling.I HAVe NO WORK.I NEED TO SEE MY PARENTS.

JA : We must be prepared for all sort of emergencies.

SE : Christ,there are 15 more guys absoultely doing nothing.I wonder for which emergency you are saving them for .

JA : You dont understand.We are a profesional organization.When we have commited to some work, we need to obey deadlines.

We need to finish stuff before time, with high quality to delight out customers.Remember, we are a global organization,

serving Fortune 10,000 companies.We need to have certain rules.

SE : Thats great.But I have no work.I dont know what deadlines we are talking about.

JA : Did you talk to your Onsite co-ordinator?

SE : Huh,He basks under Florida sun in the day and goes to some places in the night , which we should not be talking about.

JA : That’s fine.But what did he say?

SE : He told me to ask you.

JA : Thats the problem.Those folks never take bottomline.

SE : He knows that there is now work for most of us.

JA : Look kid,I dun know bout you, but I have lots of stuff like planning,controlling,strategizing,

SE : Yeah...that translates to zero work.

JA(fuming) : We will consult the Client.

SE : Consulting Client regardin my LEAVE.They dont even know me.Mere marne par unka kutta na roye.

JA: That doesnt matter.

SE: Look,I have got my tickets reserved.

JA: You may have to cancel them.

SE(on the verge of crying): I spent a month's salary buying those tickets.

JA : Dont lie.I know yesterday morning you came early at 6:00 in office.Air Dhakkan opened its tickets for next three months yesterday.

SE : Yeah, but i was late.Had to buy at premium.

SILENCE PREVAILS

SE : Please ,do someting bout it.

JA : Lemme open your scheduling sheet.

SE (as if got a secod life) : Its emtpy.I told you there's nothing.

JA : Thats because I havent included the new development project details.What if we get it soon.

SE : We havnt got it since last year.The Client didnt even like the prototype.

JA : We are in final stage of negotiation.

SE : Thats what the Onsite guy told us six months back.

JA : I am not saying, we would get it for sure,but what if we get it.

SE : There are 15 other guys.

JA: But you are most experienced.I count on you.Belive me, this project is going to be great opportuninty..There’s this chance for you to work on cutting edge technology,managing a team and you just want to blow it off!!

You would go places after this.

SE : I just want to go to my place.

JA : In matters of profession, one shoudnt be emotional.I would appoint you a lead for this project.And coming promotion period, u r done.(winking)

SE (Silent now)

JA : I am telling now, we may have onsite rotation soon.You would not like to be on leave during this.Come on.

SE : Fine,but when do I go home.

JA : As soon as we finish this project, before time , with quality....

SE : YEahyeah....to delight our customers.

JA : Great ...u know it all.Best of luck.

__________________________________________________________

And, thus the great software engineer once again calls up his folks "Main nahi aa sakta...kaam hai bahut"

running hard for that elusive development project,promotion and some other set of dreams.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

dear aps at his best...
the appy of our group fizzing out with creativity..
no wonders he is here with us...doing MBA..with ample time for holidays and sleep..!! :)

Unknown said...

Sirjee,
It never happened with me but wud talk with sid regarding this episode ;)
Jokes apart!!!
Gud One

ankurindia said...

nice blog

K7 said...

hehehehe ... Nice read ... Looks more of a real life experience ...

That's how you make jackass out of software engineers ...

Shreyas Navare said...

besht likha hai sirjee!!

Vinit Bhansali said...

Excellent!

Written in the classic style of BOfH (what? you don't read it already? Go to theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh)

You've been blogged!